- Those who send HTML emails directly from their own email account or a department account (not through ITS Production Services) may encounter problems sending HTML emails. (HTML emails are messages that contain inline graphics, such as newsletters, event invitations, or emails with a logo or BC seal.)
- At this time, when an Exchange user sends an HTML email to others, the HTML formatting of the email cannot be guaranteed.
- To minimize formatting issues in HTML emails you create, see these HTML Email Design Guidelines & Resources.
- ITS has been investigating a long-term solution for reliably sending these types of messages.
- In the meantime, if you require the ability to send HTML emails from either a personal or departmental group email account, contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or email@example.com to request the ability to continue to send messages from WebMail. You will continue to send from and receive all other email through your Exchange account.
- If you have questions or concerns about this temporary solution, please contact the Help Center at 617-552-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have sent HTML emails as part of your department’s business, we recommend you request WebMail access now, so that when the time comes you have the access you need.