Space Usage Policy
The John Courtney Murray, S.J. Graduate Student Center
v Reservation requests must be submitted at least 2 business days in advance
v Study groups may reserve space no more than once a week, for two hours at a time. The MGC staff reserves the right to cancel standing study group reservations for special events
v The dining room may not be reserved between 11:00am and 2:00pm
v The MGC is a smoke free building
v Use of the stove and oven is prohibited
v Use of off-campus catering services is permitted. Due to the need for liquor licenses and liability issues, alcohol must be provided by the Bureau of Conferences
v Maximum capacity for any indoor event is 49 people
v Maximum capacity for lawn events is 250 people
- Coordinator of event must arrange with BOC for bathroom facilities if event is scheduled during hours that the MGC is closed
- In the event of inclement weather, lawn events will have to be rescheduled; MGC may not be used as rain location, securing an alternative location is recommended
v The MGC staff member on duty will make all house?related decisions
v Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult affiliated with BC and must not disrupt other MGC guests
v At the end of an event:
- All furniture must be returned to its original position.
- Room must be returned to its original cleanliness and formation. Cleaning supplies are available upon request.
- If room is not left in original condition, MGC staff reserves right to refuse further reservations by that group or individual.
v Event must be related to the BC Community.
v Event must be sponsored by BC graduate student, faculty or staff for use by graduate students.
v Inside events must be held during regular MGC hours; lawn events may be scheduled when MGC is not open and alternative bathroom facilities must be secured.
v Non-BC guests are the responsibility of the BC group sponsoring the event.