Graduate Student Organization Treasurer Resources
The Graduate Student Association (GSA), through your student fees, funds all graduate and professional student organizations. Their respective treasurers work directly with the GSA Director of Finances on money matters.
The GSA Treasurer's Office is located in RM 101 of the Murray Graduate Student Center.
First Step for All Treasurers:
Treasurer Training Sessions: Summer Training-please contact Denise Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org
This form can be used to track your registered student organization revenue and expenditures.
- BC Student Reimbursement Request:
- This form is used to request a reimbursement to a Boston College student for a Registered Student Organization expenditure (RSO). This form should NOT be used to request payment to a BC student for services rendered.
- Please follow this check list to ensure your paperwork is correct.
- If you traveled you will be required to also fill out the Travel Expense Form.
- Outside Vendor Check Request:
- This form is used to request a payment for goods or services to an external company or organization.
- For a first time vendor, a W-9 Form needs to be submitted to Accounts Payable. Send the completed form by fax or mail (do not email). The contact information for Accounts Payable is at the top of the form. Make sure the vendor includes your email address as the “BC Contact” on the W-9 Form. This will ensure that you will be notified when Accounts Payable has created the Vendor ID Number.
- Please use this check list to ensure your paperwork is correct.
- Transfer Form is used to move funds from one Registered Student Organization (RSO) chartstring to another RSO or department chartstring. For example, this form can be used if two RSO are co-sponsoring an event.
- Online Ticket Sales: Boston College official online ticket sales is run through eMarket system. The system will charge students and automactically deposit money into your club's charstring. Please fill this eMarket Request form and email this form to Denise Ho email@example.com. Please know that BC does not endorse any other ticket collecting programs.
- Award or Honorarium
- P-Card: Increase form, Reconciliation form
How long does it take to process a payment?
It takes 7-10 business days for a payment to be processed through the University system. All student reimbursements are paid via direct deposit. To sign up to receive reimbursements via direct deposit click here, print and fill out the form, and fax the completed form to Accounts Payable or attach to the BC Student Reimbursement Form. If the payee does not sign up for direct deposit, the check will be mailed to the payee’s permanent mailing address listed on the request form.
How do I know when my request has been processed?
You will see an electronic copy of a completed request in your club’s MyFiles folder within 7-10 business days. You will be notified by e-mail if the request cannot be processed. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if our treasurer quits?
All new treasurers must make an appointment with the SABSC for training. If you have trouble replacing your treasurer, please see your advisor. A treasurer's signature must appear on all paperwork.
How do I contact the Student Affairs Business Service Center?
Email the SABSC at email@example.com if you are a student or stop by the SABSC, Maloney Hall 251, during walk-in hours to see or speak with a SABSC representative.