The People Soft Financials Upgrade Project is underway! It has been 10 years since Boston College implemented PeopleSoft Financials and, during FY14, we will be upgrading the application for an expected Spring 2014 “Go Live”.
PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 offers a number of enhancements and upgrades, including the following:
· More robust workflow
· Department ability to initiate on-line budget transfers for 500/120 funds
· Electronic Proposal Transmittal Form
· Principal Investigator Portal
· Online Change Requests for purchase orders
· Improved navigation and menus
· Attachment feature on most transactions
· Additional enhancements on vouchers and expenses
In addition, BC is taking this opportunity to review and improve existing practices, functionality, and reporting to enhance the user experience.
This project will utilize resources from the Information Technology Services Department, various Finance Departments and the Office of Sponsored Programs. We are partnering with Oracle Consulting, and will be soliciting information and feedback from various users throughout the upgrade.
We appreciate your support as we take on this challenging project and look forward to a busy and productive year! Watch for the BC PeopleSoft Financials Upgrade Newsletters to keep you updated on the project progress.
BC Upgrade Email: PSFNUPG@bc.edu
Timeline- Where are we Today?