Communication Skills Programs
scheduled employee development programs
To be sure that the message you send is the message received, you need to have strong, flexible interpersonal and communication skills.
Let us know what communication skills you need to be effective in your job: email@example.com
Spring 2014 Program Offerings
If writing is a key component of your success at the university, this course is for you.
You will learn all about the changes in format and content of materials primarily sent electronically. The new age of business writing is here to stay! Make your reports state the message clearly, command attention, compel action, and create a winning impression. Workshop topics focus on:
- Writing and responding to e-mails faster
- Overcoming writers block
- Adding professionalism and correct tone in e-mails
- Eliminating grammar and sentence structure problems
- Eliminating wordiness
- Being more persuasive and credible
- Beginning and ending effectively
- Dealing with sensitive topics in e-mail
Please bring a sample of your writing to the workshop.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
9-1 (light lunch included)
Law School East Wing Rm 400
Communication Skills, Continuous Learning
What is it that has the power to take even the most interesting material and render the audience into a zombie-like state of indifference? Unfortunately, “Death by PowerPoint’ is a commonly heard expression that signals a lost opportunity on the part of a presenter.
Attend this session and learn how to use PowerPoint to engage your audience, and get your message across. During the session you will do the following:
- Review current approach to PowerPoint
- Create a storyboard for an actual presentation that outlines key ideas
- Determine which images best support content and audience interest
- Learn about three levels of visuals: basic, enhanced and creative
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Walsh Hall Function Room
University Core Competencies
Communication Skills and Continuous Learning