Map & Directions
to boston college
Directions to Boston College
Boston College is located in the Chestnut Hill section of Newton, Massachusetts. The campus is approximately six miles west of the center of Boston.
If you are using a GPS to get to Commencement use the following arrival points:
- Main Campus - 28 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
- Newton Campus Parking - 825 Centre Street, Newton, MA 02458
- Brighton Campus Parking - 2121 Commonwealth Avenue, Brighton, MA 02135
- Beacon Street-Handicapped Parking - Beacon Street and House Road, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Visit www.bc.edu/maps for the most up-to-date maps of Boston College.
From Points North and South
Take Interstate 95 (Route 128) to Exit 24 (Route 30). Proceed east on Route 30, also known as Commonwealth Avenue, and follow for about six miles to Boston College.
From Points West
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) to Exit 17. (See Approach Map)
- Option A - (See Approach Map) At the first set of lights after the exit ramp, take a right onto Centre Street. Follow Centre Street to the fourth set of lights, and turn left onto Commonwealth Avenue. Follow Commonwealth Avenue 1.5 miles to Boston College.
- Option B - (See Approach Map) At the third set of lights (all close together) after the exit ramp, take a right onto Park Street and the next left onto Tremont Street. At the second set of lights, bear right onto Washington Street. At the second set of lights on Washington Street, take a right onto Foster Street to the satellite parking site at St. John's Seminary. (See Alternative Parking)
- Travel Advisory: Option A traffic is heavier and slower than Option B traffic.
- Option C - (See Approach Map) Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) to Exit 14. Take Interstate 95S (Route 128 South) to Exit 21A (Route 16), bear right off Route 16 (.2 miles) onto Beacon Street (Waban-Newton Centre), follow Beacon Street to Hammond Pond Parkway and continue on Beacon Street to Boston College (4.8 miles).
From Downtown Boston
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) to Exit 17. Take a left over the bridge after passing the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Take the first right onto Centre Street. Follow above directions from Centre Street.
From Logan Airport
Take the Ted Williams Tunnel to the Massachusetts Turnpike West and continue to Exit 17. Then follow same directions as from Downtown Boston.
Travel to the University on Commencement morning is extremely slow because of heavy traffic. Ample time should be allowed to reach the Campus, especially from the Massachusetts Turnpike at Newton (Exit 17).