Students are strongly encouraged to practice their interview skills. By doing so, you will develop their verbal and non-verbal communication skills and gain experience communicating your academic and prior work, volunteer, and extra-curricular experiences to the positions for which you are interviewing. You will also learn to convey your interest for the position and field.
Practice Interview from the privacy of your own dorm room or apartment! You select the interview questions you would like to answer from a set of pre-recorded questions. The interviewer then poses these questions, and you have two minutes to respond to each question. Your answers are recorded through a webcam and stored online for you to play back and review. Students can access InterviewStream through EagleLink.
Read our InterviewStream tipsheet for more information!
TO SCHEDULE A PRACTICE INTERVIEW
Students may schedule a practice interview with us at any time during the year.
- Review the skills that will be assessed during your practice (and real) interviews using this document.
- Students must attend an interview workshop prior to scheduling a practice interview.
- Following your practice interview, we will offer insights and suggestions on improving your interview skills.
- We recommend reading our Interview Skills pages before your practice interview.
- Dress and prepare for your practice interview as if it were a regular interview.
- Practice interview appointments run for one hour.
To schedule a one-hour appointment for a practice interview, call 617-552-3430 or come by the Career Center at 38 Commonwealth Avenue, diagonally across from White Mountain Creamery.
We recommend that you have your practice interview recorded, so you will have the opportunity to review the tape with a staff member. This allows you to observe your body language and speech patterns, in order to build on your strengths and correct your weaknesses.