Unpaid Internship Stipends
boston college career center
Internships provide an excellent opportunity to explore careers, gain skills, and make connections. What’s more, Boston College provides a number of stipends to rising juniors and seniors participating in unpaid internships.
Available to students who plan to do unpaid summer internships.
Rising Juniors or Seniors (students who are graduating in 2015 or 2016).
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
- You must first apply for an internship. You cannot submit more than one internship opportunity for stipend support. For assistance in finding an internship, look at our resources on our Internship Listings page or stop by during our daily Drop-In hours for assistance.
- Submit an Internship Stipend Proposal.
- Attach a copy of your resume to the proposal.
- You must be accepted into the internship before the funds can be paid. You may still apply for the stipend even if you have not officially received the internship by the deadline date.
Early Decision Deadline to Apply
Sunday March 16, 2014 at 11:59pm
You will be notified by email/phone if awarded the stipend by Friday March 28, 2014.
Final Deadline to Apply
Sunday March 30, 2014 at 11:59pm
You will be notified by email/phone if awarded the stipend by Friday April 4, 2014.
- The internship must provide career-related experience and learning goals must be established and met.
- Preference is given to internships with non-profit organizations, government agencies, healthcare facilities, and education institutions.
- Supervision and training must be provided.
- Students and internship supervisors must be able to email the hours worked each week.
- The internship must be unpaid and in compliance with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
- The internship must be unpaid.
- The internship must be at least 20 hours per week but no more than 40 hours per week between June 1 and August 31, 2014. Students can be paid for up to a total of 400 hours total throughout that time period.
- The stipend will be paid on an hourly rate based on time worked and satisfactory performance. It is considered income and therefore taxable. Students will be paid on a weekly basis.