Financial Aid Resources
FASTWeb - financial aid search through the web
A great, free database containing thousands of financial aid sources. You answer a series of questions to set up a profile, which the FASTWeb database then uses to seek financial aid possibilities.
Peterson's Graduate Scholarship Search
Searches more than 170,000 scholarships, grants, and awards.
Links to the best financial aid sites on the Web. Covers databases, financial aid calculators, government information, loan information and sites offering financial aid advice.
U.S. News - financial aid articles
Good collection of articles and information on financial aid, including which law and medical schools offer the most financial aid.
Scholarship and Fellowship Opportunities for Undergraduates
BC's page - advice and links.
A searchable database of fellowships - some are for study, others are work-oriented, others are internships. Compiled by Bowdoin College's Career Planning Center.
- Loan Cancellation/Forgiveness/Discharge - an excellent overview that indicates exactly which types of loans (Stafford, Perkins, Consolidation, etc.) are forgivable and under what circumstances.
- Loan Forgiveness - an overview of loan forgiveness programs, including performing volunteer work; performing military service; teaching or practicing medicine in certain types of communities.
- Stafford Loan Cancellation for Teachers - you might be able to cancel up to $5,000 of your Stafford Loans if you are teaching in a low-income school and you are a "new borrower."
Financial aid for study abroad:
Financial Aid for Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Students
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program is for low income students to study abroad
- The National Security Education Program helps all students study abroad who are learning a less-taught language.
- International Travel and Study Abroad - Funding
- Fellowships Undergraduate - Center for International Partnerships and Programs
Describes a number of scholarships available to lesbian, gay and bisexual students. These scholarships offer a variety of criteria for eligibility. This is not an exhaustive list of all the possible sources of scholarships.
Financial Aid for Law School
A BC page.
Search through detailed descriptions of more than 8,300 foundation programs that fund students, artists, researchers, and other individual grantseekers.