Post Internship Listings
boston college career center
POSTING AN INTERNSHIP
Post Your Internship To Boston College Students Only
- If you are a NEW Boston College employer, WITHOUT a NACElink account, please go to "Register" on the right side of the NACElink login page.
- If you have posted jobs at Boston College in the past, or if you are an existing NACElink employer, please go to the login on the left side of the NACElink login page.
Post Your Internship To Boston College Students and Others
You can also post internships to BC students and students from other selective colleges and universities that participate in the Internship Exchange. The list of participating schools can be found on the UCAN site.
BOSTON COLLEGE INTERNSHIP FAIR
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
4:00 - 7:00pm
Thursday, January 24, 2013
10:00am - 1:00pm
A limited number of employers will have an opportunity to discuss summer internships with Boston College students in a job fair setting. With a typical turnout of over 700 students, this event allows you to screen many interested students in just three hours.
If you have questions about the Internship Fair, please contact us at email@example.com.
OFF-CAMPUS WORK STUDY JOBS, PART-TIME JOBS, & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- If you are offering part-time, paid work (NON-internship) opportunities to students - Boston College uses CollegeHelpers.com.to post jobs that don't qualify for federal Work-Study status. Please visit the BC page explaining CollegeHelpers.com.
- If you are a public interest or community service organization, your organization may be able to participate in the Federal Work-Study program and be reimbursed for some of your student employees' wages. Please contact Terry Rezzuti at 617-552-4984 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to list your internship on one of our internship databases.
- If you are offering volunteer service opportunities, and if you are seeking current students for part-time opportunities, contact the Boston College Volunteer and Service Learning Center
INTERNSHIP RESOURCES AND ADVICE
- Internship Salary survey
Average salaries from the Internship Exchange.
- Making Internships Work For You: An Employer Resource Summary Guide Are you a Massachusetts business looking for free assistance in introducing internships to your workplace? Click through to receive a free e-book and join the effort to increase opportunities for students and recent graduates.
- Thinking of offering credit for your unpaid internship? Think Again. Many of our employers can't pay their interns but would like to offer them something, so they indicate that the internship is for credit. The reality is that employers can't give credit for their internships, only Boston College can issue academic credit and for some majors it is very difficult, especially for our business majors. Please keep in mind that if you mandate credit, you may lose some valuable candidates. You may wish to consider a travel reimbursement or perks of some sort instead.
- Guideline for an Effective Internship Expectations of our internship sponsors to ensure a positive experience for both employers and interns.
- Starting and Maintaining A Quality Internship Program (PDF) An extensive guide, created by Messiah College.
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (PDF) A fact sheet providing guidelines for compliance with standards for unpaid internships and wages as decided by the FLSA- created by the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.
- "Intern Pay is Often Required" A newspaper article from the San Francisco Chronicle that discusses state labor laws for for-profit employers.
- "The Unpaid Intern, Legal or Not" A newspaper article from the New York Times that discusses the illegal use of internships for free labor.
We hope that you will benefit from sponsoring an internship as much as previous employers have. Interns can enhance employer productivity and are a great way to recruit future hires and provide cost-efficient training.
Please contact us with any questions about our program.
Boston College Internship Program