Networking - Where? With Whom?
resources for networking and informational interviewing
LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 175 million members in over 200 countries and territories. Find BC alumni or connections at organizations you're interested in! To learn how to get started, check out the LinkedIn Learning Center.
THE BC CAREER NETWORK
The Career Network is comprised of Boston College graduates, representing diverse career fields, who have offered to share their career experiences with students and alumni.
Network members can:
- provide information about career options, employment conditions, and job responsibilities;
- lend insight or advice regarding the city in which they live;
- and they may be able to refer you to other contacts in their industry.
- Professional association meetings and conferences are a great way to learn about trends, make new connections and find out about job opportunities.
- At your internships and when you conduct informational interviews, ask your advisors and contacts for information about their professional associations. You may be able to attend as their guest, and the opportunity to meet other professionals in the field is invaluable. Professionally affiliated listservs and newsgroups connect networks of professionals within a career field by computer. Listserves and newsgroups are used by professionals to gather information, share opinions and even disseminate job listings.
JOB SEARCH NETWORKING GROUPS
Local Boston-area groups that meet to share networking contacts and job search strategies. Some groups provide workshops or speakers on topics related to job hunting. See our list of job search groups.