instructions for new file holders
The Boston College Career Center now offers an online credentials service through Interfolio, Inc.
|>||When to use a credentials file|
|>||Features of the Interfolio system|
|>||Assistance and instructions|
|>||Letters of recommendation
Guidelines for students and alumni - includes links for faculty
Also known as a "dossier," a credentials file allows you to send a variety of materials to graduate school programs or potential employers. Your portfolio can include letters of recommendation, curriculum vitae, writing samples, dissertation abstracts, teaching certifications, student evaluations, and more.
Credentials are usually used by:
- a Ph.D. (or Ph.D. candidate) to send academic credentials to a search committee
- an undergraduate to send application materials to certain graduate and professional schools
- a teacher to apply for a teaching position.
- Self-managed - With Interfolio you can do everything by yourself, anytime. You are in complete control of your credentials file.
- 24-hour availability - You don't need to wait for regular business hours in order to add or update letters or documents in your file. You can make mailing requests and view mailing history around the clock, as well.
- High quality contents - Instead of photocopying, documents can be electronically uploaded into your account, including confidential letters of recommendation, making for the cleanest credential file deliveries.
- Quick turnaround - Interfolio processes all delivery requests in 1 day. It also offers multiple mailing options, including FedEx, and even electronic delivery, where available.
- Familiar payment options - Online credit card payments are accepted, as are checks and money orders.
- Flexibility - Your files may contain many kinds of documents, so that you can store whatever you need to have the most complete application, up to one hundred pages. In addition to letters of recommendation, you can store other types of documents, such as writing samples, articles, test scores, unofficial transcripts, and many more. Your file, including confidential letters of recommendation, is entirely self-managed.
- Customer Service - Interfolio offers one business day turnaround on voicemail and all email questions to help@Interfolio.com. They also offer an online helpdesk for immediate answers to almost any question about their service.
- Overview and help
Visit the Interfolio Web site, http://www.interfolio.com.
- Click on the 'Help' link located on the upper left hand side of the page.
- Create an online credentials file
- NOTE: You will need a valid credit card to complete the account creation
- Go to: http://www.interfolio.com/ and click either "Students and Alumni" or "Build Your Credentials Online - Click Here." Follow the prompts - it's easy.
- Customer service
- Interfolio offers one business day turnaround on voicemail and all email questions to help@Interfolio.com. They also offer an online helpdesk for immediate answers to almost any question about their service
- If you have any further questions please contact Boston College Career Center at 617-552-3430.