Obtaining A Purchasing Card
In order to obtain a Purchasing Card (P-card) at Boston College, contact the designated Departmental P-Card Administrator in your department.This person has been assigned to determine who should have cards, if a card is appropriate for the anticipated budget and use, and to create the on-line application in PeopleSoft. The card will be created by the bank (in approximately two weeks) and sent to the Procurement Services Department.
To get a Purchasing card please complete the following steps:
- Confirm that your department has completed the on-line Purchasing card application on your behalf.
- Read the Purchasing Card User’s Guide.
- Correctly answer the questionnaire about the use of the card. A score of "90%" or better constitutes completion of the Boston College Purchasing Card Training Program.
- Once you have scored a 90 or above on the questionnaire, submit the Questionnaire Score Page by clicking the Submit Button on the Questionnaire Page.
- Print, Read, and Sign the Cardholder Agreement form e-mailed to you when the card arrives in Procurement.
- Contact Procurement Services at ext. 2-3055, or firstname.lastname@example.org, to confirm that your application was processed, and your card has arrived at Boston College.
- Bring your completed Cardholder Agreement to 129 Lake Street, Room 200 and receive your card.
- Activate your card by calling the 1-800 number listed on your card.
- Register with US Bank's Access-on-line. (Instructions will be included in your e-mail when your card arrives).
- Review the P-card lab for Cardholders
If you have any questions, please contact the Purchasing Card Administrator at 617-552-3055 or email email@example.com.