The Black, Faculty, Staff and Administrators Association was organized in the fall of 1982. The Black Faculty, Staff and Administrators Association (BFSAA) is a resource for persons of African descent at all levels of the Boston College community. More specifically,
- We are at the forefront of advocacy for all such persons working and matriculating at Boston College;
- We recognize, accept, appreciate, and celebrate the efforts of those who contribute to the advancement of Black people at Boston College;
- We provide a safe forum for dialogue and debate, to hear concerns related to persons of African descent and we act to the extent possible;
- We hold the University accountable to its own stated mission regarding the matters of diversity; and,
- We keep issues of diversity and equity at the forefront of policy making at Boston College.
Find more information about the BFSAA Constitution here.