Career Night for the Arts
boston college arts council
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
McMullen Museum, Devlin Hall
Co-sponsored by BC Arts Council and BC Career Center
An evening for BC students to connect with BC alumni in the arts.
All majors welcome!
"Even as a sophomore I was really able to test the waters and ask people of their experience in the art world. The alumni chosen to represent the various institutions are some of the nicest people and really take pride in helping other BC students advance in their careers. Thanks again!" ~ Kathie Chang '11
For tips on how to get the most out of the event, please view our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Benefits for BC Students:
- Experience a unique opportunity to talk with BC alumni in an informal environment
- Develop useful professional contacts
- Obtain practical advice
- Explore career options
- Find internship opportunities
Benefits for BC Alumni Working in the Arts:
- Assist current BC students in navigating the professional arts world
- Share your post-graduate experiences with students
- Give good advice
- Get caught up on what's happening at BC
- Reconnect with fellow BC alumni and get to know other BC alumni working in the arts
Since its inception in 1999, Career Night for the Arts has provided an opportunity for students and alumni to dialogue and develop relationships. Each year over one hundred students join 20-25 BC alumni who have established successful careers as musicians, composers, conductors, photographers, graphics designers, painters, arts editors, producers, directors, stage directors, arts journalists, museum administrators, film editors, writers, actors, instructors, consultants, and arts attorneys. BC students can move around the museum informally talking with alumni from various artistic professions. Students will receive information about the alumni present and can choose who they would like to speak to and move at their own pace in this informal networking environment.