AlcoholEdu for College Students and Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault
Required Education Courses for Freshman
About AlcoholEdu for College and Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault
AlcoholEdu for College is designed as a Population-Level Prevention program to be given to an entire population of students, such as an entering first-year class. This method creates a learning experience that:
- motivates behavior change;
- resets unrealistic expectations about the effects of alcohol;
- links choices about drinking to academic and personal success;
- and helps students practice healthier and safer decision-making.
Students who participate in AlcoholEdu will increase their knowledge about alcohol and dealing with alcohol-related issues that may occur in college. Students who do not drink will be supported in their decision and students who choose to drink will receive information about strategies for making safer and low-risk choices about alcohol.
Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault
Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault discusses the critical issues of sexual assault and relationship violence, which impact countless college students across the country. The course provides students with tools to take action to promote safe, healthy campus environments. The course also helps to increase understanding of healthy relationships and addresses the root causes of sexual violence by examining gender roles and their effects.
Please Note: If you are not a freshman, but you are interested in taking the AlcoholEdu course, please contact us.
All incoming freshmen are required to complete AlcoholEdu for College AND Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault.
- Access to the course begins on Friday, August 1st
- Part I of the course must be completed by Friday, August 22nd
- 45 days after completing Part I, students will receive an email prompting them to complete Part II of the course
- Part II of the course must be completed by Friday, October 24th
Please Note: You must receive a grade of 80% or higher to pass and receive credit for the course.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College and Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault:
Please Note: Access to the course begins on July 31st.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College:
- Sign in to Agora using your BC username and password.
- Click on "AlcoholEdu - Alcohol Education Course" or "Haven-Understanding Sexual Assault."
- Input additional information on registration page to create your account (you will not need to create an additional username or password).
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of the each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- You can start with either AlcoholEDU OR Haven
- To log back into your account, ALWAYS ACCESS AlcoholEdu from Agora.