Food and Drink
The Libraries Food and Drink Policy is intended to preserve library materials, computer equipment, and furnishings, and to maintain a pleasant and comfortable environment for students, faculty and staff. Since food and drink pose a potential risk to our resources, we ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the library.
Food is limited to small items which are generally consumed individually while seated at tables or carrels. Beverages in covered containers and water bottles are allowed.
- Meals or messy, aromatic foods (e.g. pizza, salads, subs, and soup)
- Group meals where food is shared by more than one person
- Delivery of food to the library
Beverages in covered containers and food as described above are permitted except:
- at electronic workstations
- in microform areas
- in photocopier/scanner areas
For your convenience, trash and recycling containers are located throughout each library.
Library users disregarding the food policy may be asked to leave the library.