Electronic Resources Librarian
Boston College seeks a knowledgeable and innovative individual for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The successful candidate, under the supervision of Head of Continuing and Electronic Resources, will provide leadership in the acquisition, evaluation, management, and promotion of a wide range of continuing and electronic resources including databases, journals and reference sources.
- Coordinate all activities associated with the management of the Library’s electronic resources and serials collection including acquisitions, licensing, access, and evaluation of electronic resources.
- Communicate daily with external service providers, including publishers, vendors, consortia, content providers, and technology suppliers and collaborate internally with library staff in other departments and bibliographers to provide optimal access to the Library’s electronic resources collection for the University community.
- Serve as a member of Budget Group and Finance Group for budget management and planning and track cost, funds, budget transfers and allocation for continuing and electronic resources.
- Supervise library support staff.
- Manage serials vendor accounts and provides leadership in the implementation and ongoing administration of the electronic resources management portion of Alma and UResolver.
- Coordinate workflow redesign as necessary to enhance efficient and effective access to electronic resources.
Web Services Librarian
The Boston College Libraries are seeking a Web Services Librarian. As a member of the Library Systems Department, the Web Services Librarian will collaborate with Public Services managers and staff to ensure the smooth, reliable operation and usability of the libraries’ key public-facing web content systems. He/she administers library web content management systems (e.g. LibGuides CMS and Drupal), working closely with web content owners and authors to make certain that library web pages are optimized to conform to indexing, design and stylistic standards. He/she conducts individual consultations, creates documentation, tutorials and other training materials to support staff users of Drupal, LibGuides CMS and other public-facing library web applications as required. He/She maintains CMS asset/shared content databases and ensures their continued accuracy and usability.
The successful candidate will combine an understanding of both web content management systems and issues and trends in public services in academic libraries. This position works closely with the Learning Commons Manager, the Head of Access Services, and the Head of Instruction Services to ensure that existing library web applications and services meet the needs and expectations of library patrons and staff. He/She also collaborates with public services staff and other constituents to plan and implement new library web services and to continually evaluate and assess the impact and usability of existing library web services.
This position reports the Manager of Library Web Services.
Digital Content Specialist
Under the supervision of Digital Imaging & Curation Manager, the Digital Content Specialist creates digital collections for the Boston College libraries. Primary responsibilities are (1) the creation of digital images and (2) the ingest of digitized and born digital library collections. The Specialist works collaboratively with metadata, systems, and digital library staff to (1) create metadata, (2) execute scripts, (3) manage shared file space, and (4) support digital preservation activities.
3-5 years experience with digitizing and processing both print and photographic materials is required. Must have worked for at least two years in digital libraries and archives. Demonstrated record of technical proficiency, with both hardware and software.