Access Services/Technology Lending Assistant
The Access Services/Technology Assistant oversees the O’Neill Library’s lending technology program, creates documentation and tutorials for Access related services and provides general circulation services at the O’Neill Library information desk.
The Assistant manages O’Neill Library’s Lending Technology Program which currently includes, laptops, iPads, calculators, chargers, and headphones that circulate to members of the BC community. This position will inventory the circulating lending technologies, restore iPads to their original settings, become proficient and capable of instructing users about basic use of equipment, work closely with the Library Technology Consultants to ensure that equipment is updated in a timely manner and research and recommend new technologies that should be added into the program.
The Assistant also creates and updates Access Services documentation for internal and external users. This includes updating the Access Services wiki and webpages, and developing handouts, tutorials and instructional documentation that explains access related services to library users.
As a member of the Access Services department, the Assistant will also work at the O’Neill Library Circulation Desk. Tasks associated with working at the Circulation Desk include, charging and discharging library materials, instructing users in navigating the course reserves database to find the material on reserve for their courses; helping patrons find and identify materials online as well as in the book stacks; interpreting library policies and explaining services to users.
This position is a 20 week, 12 month per year permanent position. General hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am-1:00pm.
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Administrative Assistant - part time
The Administrative Office of O'Neill Library seeks a part time administrative assistant. This is one of two positions that support coverage and all activities in the Administrative Office which supports all Library staff. This person would serve as the point person for all visitors and calls directed to this office. They would be responsible for answering all calls, placing and tracking work orders, managing calendars for the conference rooms, handling all logistics for events associated with conference rooms and meetings, maintain staff directories and committee lists. In addition this person would be using PeopleSoft to input some travel expenses and other duties as needed. They would also support the Manager of Business and Administrative Services as well as the Associate University Librarian as needed. They would also perform some cross trained duties with the Fiscal/Admin Specialist who also works in this office.
Monday - Thursday from 9am until 2:30pm.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum of 2 years office experience
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Proficiency with computer systems and office equipment Attentions to details with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, carry out projects from start to end
Digital Services Assistant
The Boston College Libraries are seeking a Digital Services Assistant to coordinate services and resources in a digital scholarship lab. This position will serve as an initial contact for digital services in the library, and will coordinate activities with multiple departments inside and outside the library in an evolving environment.
This position reports to the Learning Commons Manager.
Provide service and referrals for faculty, staff, and students in an evolving library service point focused on digital scholarship and multimedia. Support the instruction department with multimedia expertise, and by staffing reference service points, including the digital scholarship service desk and the O’Neill Library reference desk. Coordinate meetings with a variety of constituents and library staff. Assess user needs and recommend resources. Assist with training and supervision of student workers. Oversee daily functioning of the area, including working with IT to update and maintain hardware and software, schedule spaces for meetings and instruction, and help coordinate special events. Provide support for digitization and reformatting of media items. Assist with marketing and outreach efforts for the digital scholarship space. Use a variety of resources to develop professionally as needs evolve.
- Experience with digital audio/video production, encoding, dubbing/digitizing, editing, and/or streaming, and one or more of the following: data analysis and visualization, desktop imaging, instructional design
- Demonstrated customer service skills, and experience working with diverse populations Experience supporting information technology, training, and hands-on software experience
- Excellent public service, interpersonal and service skills
- Familiarity with digital humanities, multimedia presentation, and/or data visualization concepts and processes
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Experience working in a library or academic setting
- 4-year undergraduate degree
- Coursework or assignments involving digital scholarship and/or multimedia
ERC Circulation Assistant part-time
The Educational Resource Center, a state of the art dynamic center serving the specialized resource needs of the Lynch School of Education students and faculty, seeks a part-time circulation assistant.
Perform circulation functions at the main desk by checking in and out ERC materials, routing other library materials to appropriate location and assisting in library transactions as needed (e.g. paying fines, resolving patron account issues) Overseeing student workers at the circulation desk and assisting patrons with technical applications in computer lab. Perform electronic serials check-in and file claims with vendor. Initiate, process and follow-up on all overdue slips, holds, searches and missing materials. Assist in end-processing of ERC materials. Assist patrons in finding appropriate materials using the online catalog and direct patrons to other resources as needed. Responsible for the opening and closing of the ERC on Saturdays.
This position is 28 hours per week/ full academic year:
- Mon: off
- Tues: 12:30 pm - 7 pm
- Wed: 12:30 pm - 7 pm
- Thurs: 12:30 pm - 7 pm
- Fri: 11am - 5pm
- Sat: 12pm - 5pm Sun: off
- Experience with automated library systems and circulation functions preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service and the ability to interact effectively and work productively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably with background in Education or related field is preferred.
To see all job openings at Boston College please visit www.bc.edu/jobs