Handing on the Faith
The Church in the 21st Century Center is happy to present "Handing on the Faith," edited by Tom Groome, the first of four special C21 Resources issues to celebrate Boston College's Sesquicentennial and the Center's 10-year anniversary.
During the semester, the C21 Center will seek to encourage dialogue on this critical issue for a Church envisioning its future in a world challenged by distraction.
On September 25th come listen to Tom Groome's presentation, entitled "Handing on the Faith in the 21st Century," interviewed by Fr. Robert Reed, president of CatholicTV.
Click here to view previous webcasts on "Handing on the Faith," such as "Cardinal Sean O'Malley, The Eucharist at the Center of Catholic Life," "Jerry York, Intersection of Faith and Life," "Sr. Helen Prejean, The Power of Prison Ministry," " Fr. Michael Himes, The Sacramental Worldview," and "Colleen Griffith's examine Christian Spiritual Practices."
Search under Handing on the Faith on our webcast page to watch webcast events related to this focal issue.
Listed below are some past events on Handing on the Faith to Young People. You can watch them on our webcast page.
- Handing on the Faith in the 21st Century with Professor Thomas H. Groome, and Matt Weber from CatholicTV Network.
- An Archbishop's Perspective on Handing on the Faith with Most Reverend Harry J. Flynn, D.D., Archbishop Emeritus, Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Women Religious Handing on the Faith in America (Film and Discussion)with Mary Walsh, Professor, LSOE; Sr. Barbara Quinn, RSCJ, Associate Director of Spiritual Formation, STM; Sr. Callista Roy, CSJ, Professor, CSON; Sr. Annette McDermott, SSJ, Doctoral Student.
- Catholic Spiritual Practices: A Treasury of Old and New (Book Launch) with Colleen M. Griffith is STM associate professor of the practice of theology and faculty director of spirituality studies, and Thomas H. Groome is STM professor of theology and religious education.
- Agape Latte EXTRA! featuring Matt Weber BC alumnus and producer for CatholicTV.
- The Power of Boundless Compassion: An Evening with Fr. Greg Boyle founder and executive director, Homeboy Industries, and author of Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion.
- Encountering Christ Through Service: Panel Discussion with Dan Ponsetto, director, Volunteer and Service Learning Center; Gisella Mendizabal, Horizons; Stephen J. Pope, professor, Theology Department; Mary Lou Bozza, director, Confirmation & Youth Ministry at Good Shepherd Parish.
- Retreats: Transforming the Lives of Young People with Burt Howell, director, Intersections; Amy Chapman, director, Faith Formation, St. Ignatius Church; John Glynn, campus minister; John Mark, director, Campus Ministry Boston College High School.
- Agape Latte with Catherine Cornille and Jeffrey Bloechl
- Agape Latte: There and Back Again...A Tale of Peter Folan
- Read issues of C21 Resources related to this issue:
- Fall 2009: Growing in Faith for a Vibrant Church
- Spring 2009: Catholic Spirituality in Practice
- Fall 2008: Encountering Jesus in the Scriptures
- Spring 2007: A "catholic" Intellectual Tradition
- Fall 2006: Young Adult Catholics: Challenges and Opportunities
- Spring 2006: Parish Ministry Today
- Spring 2005: The Virtue of Hope
- Spring 2004: When Children Reach for God
- C21 Book Series
- Catholic Spritual Practices edited by Colleen Griffith and Thomas Groome.
- Handing on the Faith: the Church's Mission and Challege edited by Fr. Robert Imbelli.
- Inculturation and the Church in North America edited by T. Frank Kennedy, S.J.