Policies & Procedures
electron microscope facility at boston college
Here you will find a few basic policies and procedures regarding the Electron Microscope Facility at Boston College. Contact facility manager Dezhi Wang with any questions.
- All users are required to complete training with the Electron Microscopy Manager.
- At this training, users will be required to sign a user agreement form.
- Experienced users may access the Electron Microsope 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
- New users are required to schedule time within 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to ensure availability of staff in case of potential questions.
- Internal users (using a computer on the BC network) can reserve time using this website. Note: you must use the account created at your training session to login.
- External users must contact Dezhi Wang to schedule time with either microscope.
- Any problems involving the equipment must be promptly reported to Dezhi Wang; this will help ensure speedy repairs. Please do not attempt to repair equipment on your own.
- Problems after hours: Turn equipment off and email Dezhi to report the problem.
- No food or drink allowed in the lab areas.
- Please be courteous to other users by cleaning up after yourself in the sample prep area.