The Council for Women of Boston College
The Council is dedicated to furthering the role of women as leaders and active participants in the University. The Council seeks to help shape the University's future and to support its mission through the engagement of the women of Boston College.
Generate lasting relationships for alumnae with the University.
- Serve as a resource to the University.
- Create initiatives to help alumnae recognize their potential.
- Enlist alumnae as active Council members.
- Encourage the return of alumnae to the campus.
- Provide alumnae with unique opportunities to contribute.
- Feature alumnae achievements in internal/external communications.
Increase the representation of women throughout the University.
- Identify and promote alumnae candidates for specific roles.
- Provide access to alumnae as "subject matter experts" in various fields.
- Encourage alumnae in volunteer and leadership roles.
Enhance alumnae and student experience through positive female role models.
- Promote alumnae contributions and achievements.
- Support the development of life skills.
- Expand perspectives on collaboration between women and men.
- Serve as resource for career decisions and advancement.
Expand women's financial support of the University.
- Increase the level of participation and amount of donations by alumnae.
- Encourage alumnae to lead and participate in fundraising.
- Support unique programs dedicated to alumnae giving.