The federal government has enacted special charitable IRA rollover legislation that allows you to make tax-free distributions from your IRA to qualified organizations, like Boston College, through Dec. 31, 2013.
What are the benefits?
Take advantage of this limited opportunity, and you can:
- Satisfy requirements for annual minimum distribution
- Avoid federal and, in many cases, state income taxes
- Provide critical support to the BC department, school, or initiative of your choosing
Am I eligible?
- Donors must be 70½ years of age or older
- IRA transfers should be made directly from the account administrator to Boston College
- Gifts may total up to $100,000 per year
Donors should contact their IRA administrator to request that a charitable distribution be transferred to Boston College. Most plans require this request in writing. You may use our sample letter for 2013 gifts.
Boston College Tax ID: 04-2103545
Checks payable to “Trustees of Boston College” may be sent to:
Office of Gift Planning
Cadigan Alumni Center
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Note: The charitable IRA rollover extension is federal law; state and local law may not provide the same benefits.