With its world-class faculty, cutting-edge facilities, and talented students, Boston College engages in pioneering research on issues critical to your business.
Establishing a relationship with Boston College enables your company to align itself with one of the nation’s leading research universities, while investing strategically in scholarship, education, and service programs that help make our world a better place.
For a printable version (PDF) of Doing Business with Boston College, click here.
Boston College research centers and institutes make significant contributions in the areas of science and technology, retirement and aging, religion and society, business and ethics, as well as improved practice in education, philanthropy, and corporate conduct.
Your company can gain access to valuable research, increase its visibility, and enhance its level of corporate social responsibility by establishing a relationship with one of Boston College’s many respected centers of excellence:
- Center for Retirement Research promotes research on retirement issues and transmits new findings to a broad audience, trains new scholars, and expands access to valuable data resources that affect millions of Americans
- Center for Corporate Citizenship a membership-based research organization that works with global corporations to help them define, plan, and operationalize their corporate citizenship initiatives
- Center for Aging and Work/Workplace Flexibility works in partnership with company decision makers to design and implement strategies that will help American businesses prepare for the opportunities and challenges associated with an aging workforce
Boston College students possess a strong academic base coupled with a solid ethical foundation. Their experience as undergraduates prepares them to be leaders in their professions and readies them to make profound contributions to their communities.
The University provides your company with opportunities to interact with our students through the following avenues:
- on-campus corporate information sessions
- an annual career fair and internship fair
- a recruiting program for full-time employees and interns, including a separate program for graduate management student recruiting
- a targeted recruiting program for AHANA (African-American, Hispanic, Asian, and Native American) and international students
- employer-sponsored panels and events
Contact the Boston College Career Center to learn more.
Boston College invites your company to partner with us to seek knowledge and to further critical research on topics that are relevant to your corporate objectives.
There are a variety of methods to engage the research power of BC:
- support a research project that is of interest to your company
- establish undergraduate or graduate research fellowships
- sponsor an academic program or event hosted by Boston College faculty, administrators, or students
Boston College’s Office of Technology Transfer and Licensing helps create productive relationships between Boston College and commercial partners. Corporate research programs can increase their R&D effectiveness by drawing upon University resources and partnering with Boston College researchers who are moving science and technology forward for the betterment of society. Boston College also provides state-of-the-art facilities for scientific research, including a nanofabrication laboratory, or “clean room."
Through advertising and sponsorship opportunities, your company can align itself with the Boston College Athletic Department and benefit from Boston College’s global brand reach. Opportunities include:
- stadium and arena signage
- advertising on print materials and in event publications
- media and online features
- advertising and branding features on video boards
- corporate hospitality and pregame tailgate events
Boston College supports many key community initiatives and volunteer programs that leave lasting positive effects on the city of Boston and beyond. Your company is invited to align itself with any number of Boston College schools and community programs, including:
Investing in Education
Lynch School of Education--Historically, the Lynch School has been deeply integrated with the Boston Public Schools and Catholic urban elementary schools. Through such innovative programs as CityConnects and the Urban Catholic Teaching Corps, the Lynch School creates systemic, positive change.
Graduate School of Social Work--Through the Graduate School of Social Work, students provide more than 240,000 hours per year in service to the local community and beyond. Connell School of Nursing students participate in vital health care research projects in more than 85 clinical settings.
Volunteer and Service Learning Center--The Volunteer and Service Learning Center partners with the community to offer safe, high-quality volunteer experiences to students, staff, and faculty seeking opportunities to serve in Greater Boston.
JEOL USA has supported the Boston College Integrated Sciences Clean Room and Nanofabrication Facility since 2008, provided over $100,000 in financial support, and extended a substantial discount on scientific instrumentation. As BC becomes a leader in the scientific community, JEOL’s generosity enhances its learning environment, and helps to ensure a level of excellence for both students and faculty.
Thank you for your interest in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations at Boston College. We look forward to meeting with you. For more information, please contact us at (617) 552-9166.
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467