ways to get involved
There are many ways a parent can be involved with BC, even if they are not in close proximity to the Heights. A parent becomes an ambassador for Boston College by sharing his or her experiences as a BC parent and serving as a resource for other parents in the same geographic area. A few opportunities:
- Serve as an ambassador for Boston College by hosting or attending a dinner or reception for other Boston College parents in your area.
- Work with the Boston College Alumni Association Chapter in your area to help plan and attend events
- Participate as a BC Fund Regional Council volunteer. BC Fund Regional Councils currently exist in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC.
Parents who attend on-campus events, such as Parents’ Weekend, are encouraged to offer a helping hand throughout the weekend. Parents’ Weekend is the largest gathering of parents on BC’s campus each year. Boston-area parents are also invited to participate in many on-campus events that help advance the mission of Boston College.
- Volunteer your time during on-campus events, such as Parents’ Weekend.
- Participate in on-campus phonathons to encourage fellow parents to support the Parents' Fund.
For more information about getting involved, please contact: Rebecca Holden, Assistant Director of Parent Giving, at email@example.com or 617-552-0966.
Parents' Leadership Council
The Parents’ Leadership Council is comprised of leading parents who are committed to the mission of Boston College. Council members are considered ambassadors for the University and the parent community, sharing the “parent perspective” with University leaders and speaking with fellow parents on behalf of Boston College. Members lead efforts of the Parents’ Fund and assist during Parents’ Weekend; they also host first year sendoff receptions in their homes during the summer.
Council members receive invitations to join University President William P. Leahy, S.J., for leading parent events held throughout the year. All members of the Council have made a significant commitment to the Boston College Parents’ Fund and are members of the Gasson Society, the premier giving circle at Boston College, which recognizes annual gifts of $10,000 or more. For information about the Council, please contact Rebecca Holden, Assistant Director of Parent Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-0966.
Thank you to all of our current Parents' Leadership Council members. We greatly appreciate your commitment and support of the University and parent community.