Professional Career Counseling
The Alumni Association is partnering with Transition Solutions, a national leader in career management and consulting that has been guiding individuals through career change for more than 25 years, to offer alumni a discount on the highest quality career resources. Alumni with more experience—those with five-plus years in post-graduate careers—are encouraged to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
Click here for a Transition Solutions location near you and to set up an appointment with a career counselor today. Be sure to mention that you are a Boston College alum to receive the discounted rate.
Also, alumni across the country can benefit from Transition Solutions' services as career counseling sessions can be held over the phone or online through Skype.
Whether alumni are just entering the workforce, are in mid-career transitions, or seeking to jump to the next level in their careers, Transition Solutions has the expertise and resources to assist. Their career counselors work through the big picture with you, taking into account lifestyle choices, long-term goals, financial and familial concerns, and more.
Contact a career counselor today for assistance with:
- Resumes, cover letters, and other necessary tools to promote yourself, including explanations of effective uses of LinkedIn and email tools.
- Learning effective networking approaches and skills to determine: Whom do I call? What do I say? How do I increase my contacts? How do I use technology to maintain these relationships?
- Training and tips for using social media and online job sites and search engines.
- Effective communication skills crucial to the interview process. Get coaching on how to relay your strengths, achievements, and capabilities in a clear way, in addition to learning techniques for addressing tough questions.
- Job offer negotiations—once an offer is received, a consultant will take into account your career and lifestyle choices and help negotiate on your behalf.
Visit transitionsolutions.com for more information and to take advantage of this exclusive opportunity.