Further Reading: Handing on the Faith
the church in the 21st century center
- Barron, Robert E. The Strangest Way: Walking the Christian Path. Maryknoll, N.Y.: Orbis Books, 2002.
- Beaudoin, Tom. Virtual faith: The Irreverent Spiritual Quest of Generation X. 1st ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1998.
- Catholic Church. Catechism of the Catholic Church. 2nd ed. Revised in accordance with the official Latin text promulgated by Pope John Paul II ed. Vatican City: Libreria Editrice Vaticana; Washington, D.C: [distributed by] United States Catholic Conference, 2000.
- Catholic Church. Congregatio pro Clericis. General directory for catechesis. Washington, D.C.: United States Catholic Conference, 1998, 1997.
- Darcy-Berube, Francoise. Religious Education at a Crossroads : Moving on in the Freedom of the Spirit. New York: Paulist Press, 1995.
- Donovan, Daniel. Distinctively Catholic: An Exploration of Catholic Identity. New York: Paulist Press, 1997.
- Groome, Thomas H. Educating for Life: a Spiritual Vision for Every Teacher and Parent. Allen, Tex: T. More, 1998.
- -----. What Makes Us Catholic: Eight Gifts for Life. 1st ed. San Francisco: Harper SanFrancisco, 2002.
- Groome, Thomas H. and Michael J. Corso. Empowering Catechetical Leaders.Washington, DC: National Catholic Educational Association, 1999.
- Groome, Thomas H. and Harold Daly Horell. Horizons & Hopes: the Future of Religious Education. Mahwah, N.J. : Paulist Press, 2003.
- Hellwig, Monika. Understanding Catholicism. 2nd ed. New York: Paulist Press, 2002.
- Johnson, Luke Timothy. Living Jesus: Learning the Heart of the Gospel. San Francisco: HarperSanFrancisco, 1999.
- Muldoon, Tim. Come to the Banquet: Nourishing Our Spiritual Hunger. Franklin, WI: Sheed and Ward, 2002.
- -----. The Ignatian Workout: Daily Spiritual Exercises for a Healthy Faith. Chicago: Loyola Press, 2004.
- Novak, Michael, and Jana Novak. Tell Me Why: A Father Answers His Daughter's Questions about God. New York: Pocket Books, 1998.
- Rolheiser, Ronald. The Holy Longing: The Search for a Christian Spirituality. New York: Doubleday, 1999.