Resources for Attorneys
- Practice Advisory on "The Possible Impact of the Supreme Court's Windsor Decision on Individuals Previously Removed" (July 2013): Click here to download.
- Practice Advisory on "Post-Departure Motions to Reopen or Reconsider" (December 2012): Click here to download.
- Practice Advisory on “Seeking a Judicial Stay of Removal in the Court of Appeals: Standard, Implications of ICE’s Return Policy and the OSG’s Misrepresentation to the Supreme Court, and Sample Stay Motion”: Click here to download.
- Practice Advisory on Non-Immigrant Waivers (2009): Click here to download.
- Practice Advisory by National Immigration Project, Legal Action Center, and Immigrant Rights Clinic at NYU on "Return to the United States After Prevailing on a Petition for Review or Motion to Reopen or Reconsider" available here.
- Pro Bono Panel
The Post Deportation Human Rights Project welcomes all attorneys who would like assistance with a post-deportation case or more general information on post-deportation law to contact us. In addition to legal advice and information, the PDHRP may be available to mentor attorneys working on post-deportation issues.
We also ask for your assistance in representing individuals who have been removed and hope that you will be a partner in developing the field of post-deportation law. If you are an attorney interested in learning more about post-deportation law and representing a post-deportation client pro bono or if you are an attorney with previous experience in representing post-deportation clients and would be willing to share your expertise with us, please consider becoming a member of the PDHRP Pro Bono Panel, and complete the following form. A PDHRP attorney will follow up with you.
Click here to fill out our Pro Bono Panel form.
You may also contact us directly.