Resources on Treatment of Expelled and Deported Persons
Existing resources on treatment of expelled and deported persons by country
This page is currently under construction - check back soon for more resources!
This page brings together existing resources that provide information on the treatment of deported and expelled persons in the receiving countries. These resources were not authored by the PDHRP, and by posting these resources the PDHRP is not endorsing the opinions or accuracy of these resources.
You may also see a partial list of reintegration organizations here. If you do not see anything in the country of concern, please contact us as we may have additional information.
- Removing Refugees: U.S. Deportation Policy and the Cambodian-American Community, Leitner Center (2010)
- Overcoming Marginalization and and Securitization: An analysis of the potential causes of collective youth violence in Bissau (Guinea-Bissau) and Praia (Cape Verde), Oficina de CES (2011)
- The Deported Return, MiMundo.org (2013)
- Fear of Landing: Deportation Can Lead To Stigma At Home, Peter O'Dowd (2011)
- Migration in the Caribbean: Haiti, the Dominican Republic and Beyond, James Ferguson (2003)
- Sent "Home" With Nothing:The Deportation of Jamaicans with Mental Disabilities, Georgetown Law Human Rights Institute (2011)
- Stuck Between Two Countries, CNN (2014)