National Workforce Roundtable Spring 2014 Meeting
Work-Life and Well-Being in High Performance Organizations
May 7-8, 2014
- Integrating the culture of health with work-life
- Emotional well-being and happiness
- Effective communications for effective work-life
- Generations in the workplace
- Brigid Schulte, an award-winning journalist for the Washington Post, will share insights from her upcoming book, Overwhelmed: Work, Love, and Play When No One has the Time. Check out her recent article in Time, I'll Finish the Dishes When I'm Dead.
- Lauren Stiller Rikleen, Executive-in-Residence at CWF and author of You Raised Us. Now Work With Us, will discuss how to build strong multi-generational workplace teams. See Rikleen's interview on BroadSide, Boomers and Millennials in the Workplace.
- Dr. Michael O'Donnell will join us to talk about a framework that he has developed for individual and organizational approaches to health and wellbeing.
- Prudential, Allstate, Northern Trust and American Express will all share best practices for integrating work-life and well-being.
- Professor Kathryn Fonner will discuss effective communication, especially with a focus on wellbeing and telecommuting.
Check out the Agenda-at-a-Glance to see the great sessions and speakers we have lined up!
Why Should You Attend?
This meeting is an opportunity to...
- Interact and network with other members
- Engage with thought leaders and leading scholars in the work-life field
- Learn from other members through best practice sharing
- Reflect on your personal and professional life
This is an invitation-only event, a benefit of National Workforce Roundtable membership. To learn how you and your organization can access the comprehensive benefits and services of National Workforce Roundtable members, contact Danielle Hartmann, Director of Corporate Partnerships, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The meeting will begin at 8:30am on Wednesday, May 7, and end at 4:00pm on Thursday, May 8. There will be an informal networking event on Tuesday, May 6 at 7-9pm.
Interested in joining us for a refreshing walk along the Chicago river on Thursday morning? Please e-mail email@example.com.
If you are a new member and would like to join us for the New Member Orientation, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for something to do before or after the meeting? Check out the suggestions in our Things to Do in Chicago guide!
1 West Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601