Boston College Center for Work & Family
The Boston College Center for Work & Family is an acknowledged leader in fostering discussion, conversation, strategic thinking, and innovative practice to promote workforce effectiveness. What sets CWF apart is our dedication to working with employers to apply this knowledge for the benefit of their organization and its employees. We take a results-oriented approach to all of our work: going beyond identifying and analyzing workforce issues to develop solutions and a process for bringing them to fruition.
Our expert staff are available to assist organizations in their efforts through:
- Educational Seminars and Workshops (on-site or virtual)
- Keynote Presentations (conferences and events)
- Custom Advisory Services (consultation on policy and training development)
- Custom Research (benchmarking studies, cultural analyses, fatherhood studies)
- Organization Change Facilitation (sessions with leaders; helping to define purpose, vision, values; working with managers to identify and prioritize obstacles & develop an implementation plan)
The Boston College Center for Work & Family serves as a resource in our home at Boston College, within our field, to the media, and ultimately to the individuals seeking greater integration of their personal and professional lives.
- At Boston College, CWF staff teaches courses on Career Management and Work-Life Integration, facilitates manager training sessions on Workplace Flexibility and provides guest speakers for classes and University events.
- We are frequently invited to give presentations at national and international conferences and events including the Academy of Management, the United Nations, Center for American Progress, Working Mother, and The International Conference on Work and Family.
- We serve as an expert resource to major media outlets including CNN, Forbes, Fortune, Time, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, National Public Radio, and many others.
- We provide timely information to help individuals navigate their increasingly complex roles at work and at home. Topics like the changing roles of fathers, stress, and workplace flexibility are of universal interest around the globe today. We share resources and information through a variety of social media outlets.
Prof. Brad Harrington engages both corporate and academic audiences on topics ranging from Career Management to Organizational Change to Workplace Flexibility and the Changing Roles of Fathers.