Catholic Universities in American Public Life
Boisi Center for Religion and American Public Life
- Philip Gleason, Contending with Modernity: Catholic Higher Education in the Twentieth Century (Oxford University Press, 1996).
- Alice Gallin, Negotiating Identity: Catholic Higher Education Since 1960 (University of Notre Dame Press, 2001).
- Melanie M. Morey, John J. Piderit, Catholic Higher Education: A Culture in Crisis (Oxford University Press, 2006)
- Michael. J. Buckley, The Catholic University as Promise and Project (Georgetown University Press, 2007).
- David O'Brien, Catholicism, the Intellectual Life, and the Academic Vocation:
Tradition and Renewal
- David O'Brien, The Contribution of Catholic Higher Education to the American Experience