Overcoming Religious Illiteracy Through Public Education
Boisi Center for Religion and American Public Life
- Diane L. Moore, Overcoming Religious Illiteracy: A Cultural Studies Approach to the Study of Religion in Secondary Education (Palgrave Macmillan, 2007).
- Stephen Prothero, Religious Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know--And Doesn't (HarperSanFrancisco, 2007).
- Joan DelFattore, The Fourth R: Conflicts Over Religion in America’s Public Schools (Yale, 2004)
- Charles C. Haynes and Oliver Thomas, Finding Common Ground: A Guide to Religious Liberty in Public Schools (Nashville: First Amendment Center, 2001).
- Martin E. Marty with Jonathan Moore, Education, Religion, & the Common Good (San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000).
- Warren A. Nord and Charles C. Haynes, Taking Religion Seriously Across the Curriculum (Alexandria, VA: ASCD; Nashville: First Amendment Center, 1998).