During Fr. Driscoll's tenure as dean from 1958 until 1970 - which included a 1963 sabbatical he spent training Peace Corps volunteers - he oversaw the 1968 relocation of the GSSW from Newbury Street in the Back Bay section of Boston to its present on-campus home in McGuinn Hall. He also taught a course in Values and Ethics to GSSW students.
Fr. Driscoll left Boston College to accept a position in the US Department of Health, Education and Welfare's regional headquarters in Boston. In 1980, he returned as the first executive director of the GSSW Alumni Association and was a highly successful fund-raiser for the school.
Fr. Driscoll earned a bachelor's degree from BC in 1939 and a master's degree from GSSW in 1941.
He was buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery in West Roxbury.
Return to May 7 menu
Return to Chronicle home page