Fr. Cummiskey joined the Theology Department in 1957, after 14 years as a religion and Latin teacher at Jesuit high schools throughout New England. He retired in 1977 and served as a replacement priest in Alaska, Maine, New Hampshire, South Carolina and California. Fr. Cummiskey also was involved in retreat and healing ministries, and directed prayer groups at the University.
Fr. Cummiskey joined the Society of Jesus in 1930 and was ordained in 1942.
He was buried at the Jesuit cemetery at Campion Center in Weston.
Return to July 18 menu
Return to Chronicle Home Page