No Injuries in Edmonds Hall Blaze

No Injuries in Edmonds Hall Blaze

An early morning fire in Edmonds Hall on Sunday caused at least $100,000 in damages but resulted in no serious injuries.

Boston College Police say the fire, which was reported at approximately 4 a.m., was caused by an overloaded surge protector in an eighth-floor bedroom of the residence hall. BC police officers assisted Boston firefighters in evacuating all residents of the building. The fire was extinguished less than half an hour after it was reported.

A student who complained of breathing difficulties from the heavy smoke was given first aid before being transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital, where she was treated and released.

 

Return to October 31 menu

Return to Chronicle home page