Fr. Glavin joined the BC faculty in 1963 after teaching for 13 years at the College of Holy Cross, where he also served as a moderator of athletics. He retired in 1990 and lived at the Boston College Jesuit Community until last year, when he moved to the Campion Center for elderly and infirm Jesuits in Weston.
A native of Cambridge, he entered the Society of Jesus in 1935, shortly after graduating from Boston College High School. He was ordained in 1948.
Burial took place at the Campion Center Jesuit Cemetery.
Return to October 18 menu
to Chronicle home page