Heritage Committee shall secure and maintain archival
records for the chapter. This will include
pertinent official, financial and committee reports
and records, as well as memorabilia having historical
Membership of the Heritage
The Heritage Committee shall be
composed of no less than three chapter members.
The nursing reference librarian of the Boston College
O'Neill Library shall be considered a resource and
advisor to this Committee.
Meetings of the Heritage
Meetings will be scheduled as
needed for preparation for organizing and carrying
out archival displays or other projects undertaken by
Responsibilities of the
* The Heritage Committee shall
obtain and organize for permanent storage those
chapter records which have historical value as listed
in the Sigma Theta Tau International chapter
* Compile scrapbooks of all pictures, news releases,
and historical memorabilia of significant chapter
events and of members' accomplishments, using
archival scrapbook materials.
* Summarize and store in the Boston College School of
Nursing Kennedy Resource Center Library all audio and
video tape recordings and/or transcripts of guest
speakers and additional pertinent programs.
* Publish tape listings periodically in the chapter
* Keep an ongoing historical record of chapter
development and changes in nursing practice by
continuing the "Nursing Leaders" videotape series and
any other project that fulfills the purpose of
keeping an ongoing historical record.
* Act as a resource for other committees who need
historical data for projects.
* Prepare such displays as are needed for chapter,
regional and international events.
* Maintain the Alpha Chi display case in Cushing