The Awards and Scholarship Committee shall recommend criteria for
allocation of funds earmarked to support scholarship and outstanding
professional achievement. In addition, the committee shall
review applications and evaluate eligible candidates.
Membership of the Awards and Scholarship
The Awards and Scholarship Committee shall be composed
of at least five members including faculty members, students, clinical
nurse specialists, and/or other nurses employed in clinical practice.
Meetings of the Awards and Scholarship
The Awards and Scholarship Committee shall hold
at least three formal meetings each year. Additional meetings
shall be scheduled as the need arises.
Responsibilities of the Awards and Scholarship
1.Award for Excellence in Innovative Practice
* Review and revise the criteria for the clinical
* In the fall, send an announcement (via September bulk mailing
or Newsletter) regarding the criteria for the award and deadline.
* Review applications in the spring, and select the award recipient.
* Notify the Executive Board and the award recipient.
* Present the award at the Annual Meeting.
* Develop criteria for student scholarships.
* Submit criteria to the Executive Board for approval.
* Announce the availability of scholarship funds, review applications
and select recipients.
3.Maintain a database of award recipients for public
information and recognition as well as for chapter records.