This array of useful resources and information is intended to educate and aid activists in defending rights and fight racism in the post-election environment.
Know Your Rights - English for Speakers of Other Languages Tool Kit (2014-present)
Census Report from Zacualpa, Quiché, Guatemala (2016):
- Documenting the lives of 21st Century Mayan families “on the move” (English)
- Documentando la vida de las familias mayas en tránsito en el siglo XXI (Español)
Report from pilot research project with the Universidad Rafael Landívar in Guatemala:
- Seminario Investigación Participativa: Migración, sujetos y territorios. Una experiencia piloto. Con campus de Huehuetenango, Quetzaltenango and Quiché, Universidad Rafael Landívar. (Seminar in Particpatory-Action Research: Migration, Subjects and Territories; A Pilot Study with the campuses of Huehuetenango, Quetzaltenango and Quiché of the University Rafael Landívar (URL), Guatemala)
Manuals from our Human Rights and Migration Project in Zacualpa, Quiché, Guatemala (2016):
- Herramientas y reflexiones para el trabajo con jóvenes: Desde nuestras experiencias trabajando en comunidades y centros educativos de Zacualpa (Tools and reflections for working with youth: from our experiences in communities and educational centers in Zacualpa)
- Manual de acompañamiento a las familias que quedan tras la migración (Manual for Accompanying Family Members who are "Left Behind" after a Migration)
Documenting Migrants’ Intergenerational Experiences with English Language Learning towards Improving Access, Multilingualism and Community Advocacy Project resources
- "Migrant Families and Language: '...The person who speaks two languages has double the value'" report in English (2015)
- "Las Familias Migrante y el Lenguaje: '...El que habla dos lenguas vale por dos'" report in Spanish (2015)
- Migrant Families & Language project infographic
Working with Survivors of Domestic Violence: A Training Resource Guide (2014)
The Deportation Global Information Project aims to gather, organize, and make accessible data and scholarship regarding the phenomenon of deportation around the world and the challenges and obstacles faced by deported and expelled persons and their families in order to increase awareness of and facilitate discourse and comparative analysis on this topic.
Resources produced as part of the Center's partnership with the Jesuit Refugee Service:
A compendium of links related to educational resources on human rights, key international conventions and courts of law, journals in related fields, link to other university-based human rights centers and more.