- Kim, O., Hynes, K., & Lee, R. M. (in press). Searching for connection – Finding resolution: An expressive writing study with Korean American adopted adults. Asian American Journal of Psychology.
- Kim O., Kim, J., & Tarnowski, R. (2017). International adoption: A global challenge. In N. Frost (Ed.), Handbook of Global Child Welfare. New York NY: Routledge.
- Kim, O. & Hynes, K. & Lee, R.M. (2016). Guatemala family style orphanages: An exploratory, qualitative study of caregiver perspectives. International Social Work, doi: 10.1177/0020872816632292
- Lee, R.M., Kim, O., & Lee, H. (2016). Unpacking reasons for genetic testing of adoptees. [Peer commentary on the article "Does lack of genetic-relative family health history represent a potentially avoidable health disparity for adoptees?"] American Journal of Bioethics, 16 (12), 39-40. doi: 10.1080/15265161.2016.1239793
- Anderson, K., Lee, R.M., Rueter, M.A., Kim, O. (2015). Associations between Discussions of Racial and Ethnic Differences in Internationally Adoptive Families and Delinquent Behavior among Korean Adopted Adolescents. Children and Yourh Services Review, 51, 66-73. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2015.02.001
- Lee, J.P., Lee, R. M., Hu, A.W., Kim, O. (2014). Ethnic Identity as a Moderator against Discrimination for Transracially and Transnationally Adopted Korean American Adolescents. Asian American Journal of Psychology. doi: dx.doi.org/10/1037/a0038360
- Kim, O., Reichwald, R.T, & Lee, R.M. (2013). Cultural socialization in families with adopted Korean adolescents: A mixed-method, multi-informant study. Journal of Adolescent Research, 28, (1). doi: 10-1177/0143558411432636
- Lee, R.M., Kim, O., & Reichwald, R.T. (2010). Unscripted conversations about race and ethnicity in transracial adoptive families. In R. Rosnati (Ed.), Il Legame Adottivo: Contributi internazionalie per la ricerca e l'intervento, Milan, Italy: Edizioni Unicopli.
- Co-chair, Special Interest Group on Adoption, American Psychological Association
- Asian American Psychological Association Dissertation Award
- Adoption Initiative Pre-doctoral Dissertation Award