- Bottema-Beutel, K., & White, R. (in press). By the book: An analysis of adolescents with autism spectrum condition co-constructing fictional narratives with peers. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., Louick, R.*, & White, R.* (in press). Repetition, response mobilization, and face: Analysis of group interactions with a 19-year-old with Asperger syndrome. Journal of Communication Disorders.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., Mullins, T., Harvey, M., Gustafson, J. & Carter, E. (in press). Avoiding the “brick wall of awkward”: Perspectives of youth with autism spectrum disorder on social-focused intervention practices. Autism.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., & Li, Z. (2015). Adolescent judgments and reasoning about the failure to include peers with social disabilities.Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 45(6), 1873- 1886.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., Yoder, P., Hochman, J.M., & Watson, L. (2014). The role of supported joint engagement and parent utterances in language and social communication development in children with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44, 2162-2174.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., Lloyd, B., Carter, E.W., & Asmus, J. (2014). An application of generalizability and decision studies to plan for observational measurement in classroom settings. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 119, 589-605.
- Yoder, P.J., Bottema-Beutel, K., Woynaroski, T., Chandrasekhar, R., & Sandbank, M. (2013). Social communication intervention effects vary by dependent variable type in preschoolers with autism spectrum disorders. Evidence-Based Communication Assessment and Intervention, 7, 150-174.
- Bottema-Beutel, K., & Smith, N. (2013). The interactional construction of identity: An adolescent with autism in interaction with peers.Linguistics and Education, 24, 197-214.