- Proctor, C.P., Boardman, A., & Hiebert, E.F. (Eds.) (2016). Teaching Emergent Bilingual Students:Flexible approaches in an era of new standards. New York. Guildford.
- Kieffer, M.J., Petscher, Y., Proctor, C.P. & Silverman, R.D. (in press). Is the Whole Greater Thanthe Sum of Its Parts? Modeling the contributions of language comprehension skills to reading comprehension in the upper elementary grades. Scientific Studies of Reading.
- Proctor, C.P. & Louick, R. (in press). Development of Vocabulary Knowledge and ItsRelationship with Reading Comprehension Among Emergent Bilingual Children: An overview. (to appear in) Bar-On, Amalia & Ravid, Dorit (eds.). Handbook of Communication Disorders. Theoretical, Empirical, and Applied Linguistics Perspectives. Berlin, Boston: De Gruyter Mouton.
- Beaulieu-Jones & Proctor, C.P. (2016). A Blueprint for Implementing Small Group CollaborativeDiscussions. The Reading Teacher, 69, 677 – 682.
- Proctor, C.P., Harring, J.R., & Silverman, R.D. (2015). Comparing reading profiles of biliterateLatino/a children in elementary school: Evidence from the simple view of reading. Miríada Hispánica, 10, 59 – 82
- Proctor, C.P., Daley, S., Louick, R., Leider, C.M., & Gardner, G. (2014). How motivation and engagement predict reading comprehension among native English-speaking and English learning middle school students with disabilities in a remedial reading curriculum. Learning and Individual Differences, 36, 76 - 83. doi:10.1016/j.lindif.2014.10.014
- Silverman, R. D., Proctor, C. P., Harring, J. R., Meyer, A., Doyle, B., & Mitchell, M. (2014). Teachers' instruction and students' vocabulary and comprehension: An exploratory study with English monolingual and Spanish-English bilingual students in grades 3-5. Reading Research Quarterly, 49, 31 - 60.
- Leider, C.M., Proctor, C.P., Silverman, R.D., & Harring, J.R. (2013). Examining the role of vocabulary depth, cross-linguistic transfer, and types of reading measures on the reading comprehension of Latino bilinguals in elementary school. Reading and Writing, 26, 1459 -1485
- Brisk, M. & Proctor, C.P. (2012). Challenges and Supports for ELLs in Bilingual Programs. In Hakuta, K. & Santos, M. (Eds.). Understanding Language: Language, literacy, and learning in the content areas. Available at: http://ell.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/pdf/academic-papers/11 Brisk%20Bilingual%20Programs%20FINAL_0.pdf.
- Proctor, C.P., Silverman, Harring, J., & Montecillo, C. (2012). The role of vocabulary depth in predicting reading comprehension among English monolingual and Spanish-English bilingual children in elementary school. Reading and Writing, 25, 1635 – 1644.
- 2014 – 2017 Principal Investigator (R.D. Silverman & J.R. Harring co –PIs). The CLAVES Intervention Project: Developing a Supplemental Intervention for Comprehension, Linguistic Awareness, and Vocabulary in English for Spanish Speakers. Institute of Education Sciences ($1,470,000)
- 2014 – 2017 Co-Principal Investigator (M.E. Brisk, co-PI & L. O’Dwyer, co-PI). "The Russell Way": Study of ELL students in mainstream classrooms. Boston College Collaborative Fellows ($150,000)
- 2013 – 2016 Office of Special Education Programs, .Rose, D. (PI). National Center on the Use of Emerging Technologies to Improve Literacy Achievement for Students with Disabilities in Middle School (CET). Collaboration with the Center for Applied Special Technology. The Center will research and develop a technology-rich learning environment that makes it possible for schools to provide personalized literacy support and instruction across content areas to students throughout the school day. Proctor and a team of BC-based doctoral students will provide expertise around the intersections of literacy and technology, particularly as these relate to disabilities and emergent bilingualism.
- 2011 – 2014 Boston College Collaborative Fellows, Proctor, C.P. (PI). The ELICIT Project: Enhancing Literacy Instruction through Collaboration and Interactive Technology. Three-year Collaborative Fellows grant bringing together Boston College, Boston University, and the Russell and the E. Greenwood Boston Public Schools to professional learning communities around literacy and informational text instruction alongside one-on-one coaching sessions with teachers in which literacy instruction is video recorded and analyzed, providing teachers the means by which to reflect and improve on their literacy instruction.
- 2009 – 2013 Co-Principal Investigator (R.D. Silverman, PI & J.R. Harring, co-PI). Investigating Vocabulary Breadth and Depth and Comprehension in English Monolingual and Spanish-English Bilingual Elementary School Students. Institute of Education Sciences ($1,400,000)
- 2005 – 2008 Co-Principal Investigator (B.Dalton, PI & C. Snow, co-PI). Improving Comprehension Online (ICON): Understanding the Roles of Vocabulary Development, Guided Strategy Use, and Spanish Language Supports in a Digital Reading Environment. Institute of Education Sciences ($1,500,000)
- Bilingualism in school settings
- Language and literacy development
- Reading comprehension
- Bilingual teacher education
- Research-Practice calibrations
- Instructional interventions
- American Educational Research Association
- International Reading Association
- Literacy Research Association
- Society for the Scientific Study of Reading