- Liang, B., Lund, T., Mousseau, A., & Spencer, R. (in press). Mentoring relationships and the promotion of purpose among adolescent girls. Psychology in the Schools.
- Liang, B., White, A., Mousseau, A., Hasse, A., Knight, L., Berardo, D., & Lund, T. (in press). The four P's of purpose among College Bound students: People, propensity, passion and pro-social benefits. Journal of Positive Psychology.
- Mousseau, A., Lund, T., Liang, B., Spencer, R., & Walsh, J. (in press). Stress and losing sleep: Sleep duration and perceived stress among affluent adolescent females. Peabody Journal of Education.
- West, J., Spinnazola, J., & Liang, B. (in press). Trauma Sensitive Yoga as a complementary treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder: A qualitative descriptive analysis. International Journal of Stress Management.
- Schwartz, S., Rhodes, J., Liang, B., Sanchez, B., Spencer, R., Kremer, S., & Kanchewa, S. (2014). Mentoring in the digital age: Social media use in adult-youth relationships. Child and Youth Services Review, 47, 205-213.
- Lund, T., Chan, P., & Liang, B. (2014). Depression and relational health in Asian American and European American college women. Psychology in the Schools, 51, 493-505.
- Blattner, M.C., Liang, B., Lund, T., & Spencer, R. (2013) Searching for a sense of purpose: The role of parents and effects on self-esteem among female adolescents. Journal of Adolescence, 36 (5), 839-848.
- Liang, B., Spencer, R., West, J., & Rappaport, N. (2013). Expanding the reach of youth mentoring: Partnering with youth for personal growth and social change. Journal of Adolescence, 36(2), 257-267.
- Liang, B., Tummala-Narra, P., & West, J. (2011). Revisiting community work from a psychodynamic perspective. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 42(5), 398-404.
- Liang, B., & West, J. (2011). Relational health , alexithymia, and psychological distress in college women: Testing a mediator model. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 81, 246-254.
- Liang, B., Tracy, A., Kenny, M., Brogan, D., & Gatha, R. (2010). The Relational Health Indices for youth: An examination of reliability and validity aspects. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 42(4), 255-274.
- 2014 American Psychological Association Fellow, Division 17 Counseling Psychology
- 2014 Nominee, SPSSI Innovative Teaching Award
- 2010 Finalist, SPSSI Outstanding Teaching & Mentoring Award
- 2008 Inaugural Many Faces of Counseling Psychology Award, International Counseling Psychology conference, for innovations in strength-based, developmental, and preventative approaches to psychological issues
- 2007 Summa Cum Laude Award, Teaching with New Media Award for exemplary uses of technology in teaching
- 2006 Inaugural Distinguished Asian Alumni Award, Indiana University Alumni Association