Members of our Dean’s Council play an important role in shaping the future of BC Law. To show our appreciation for gifts of $2,500 or more, BC Law invites Dean’s Council members to special events and receptions throughout the year, from the annual Dean’s Council Reception during Reunion Weekend to campus events featuring accomplished leaders from the legal profession and other fields.
St. Thomas More Society
Giving level: $100,000 or above
Named for renowned English Renaissance lawyer and scholar St. Thomas More, whom Pope John Paul II called “the heavenly patron of statesmen and politicians.”
- Exclusive invitations to select University celebrations and gatherings.
- All Huber Society recognition.
Giving level: $50,000 to $99,999
Named for former BC Law Dean Richard G. Huber, whose tenure was marked by faculty growth and the acquisition of the Newton campus
- Exclusive invitation to Law Commencement Eve Dinner with the dean and University leadership.
- All Slizewski Society recognition.
Giving level: $25,000 to $49,999
Named for Emil Slizewski ’43, BC Law’s beloved professor whose half century of service was noted for excellence in teaching and research.
- Student scholar named in honor of a current-use gift to the Law School Fund at this level. Donors are invited to meet their scholar during the course of the year.
- Preferred seating at the annual BC Law Scholarship Dinner.
- All Sullivan Society recognition.
Giving level: $10,000 to $24,999
Named for Richard S. Sullivan ’39, who transformed a fledgling program in labor and trade law into a reputable academic strength for the school.
- Invitation to the annual BC Law Scholarship Dinner.
- Exclusive invitations to private receptions that follow special campus events.
- All Houghteling Society recognition.
Giving level: $5,000 to $9,999
Named for James L. Houghteling, a BC Law professor whose intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm touched generations of students.
- Invitations to special events held each year on campus and in Boston with featured speakers such as local politicians, lawyers, and other notable individuals.
- All Dooley Society recognition.
Giving level: $2,500 to $4,999
($1,500 or more for alumni four or fewer years following graduation; $2,000 or more for alumni five to nine years)
Named for BC Law’s first dean, Dennis A. Dooley, whose vision laid the foundation for BC Law.
- Invitation to the annual Dean’s Council Reception.
- Access to Legal Eagle Insights, a series featuring faculty and guest speakers.