Faculty & Staff
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations should be the first point of contact for all faculty and staff seeking funding from corporate and private foundation sources. CFR staff can help develop strategies to maximize the chances of securing funding from corporate and foundation prospects.
In addition to coordinating approaches to corporate and foundation sponsors, we can:
- Initiate and screen potential corporate and/or foundation prospect lists;
- Provide research on corporate and/or foundation prospects;
- Draft, review, and edit letters of inquiry;
- Provide proofing and editing assistance for proposals and concept papers;
- Prepare budgets in cooperation with your grants administrator;
- Gather required institutional data and documentation for proposals;
- Coordinate the proposal submission process;
- Track grant-reporting requirements; and
- Coordinate and participate in meetings and teleconferences with current and potential corporate and/or foundation funders.
Boston College GrantScape
CFR provides faculty and administrators with updated information on external corporate and foundation funding opportunities for faculty and postdoctoral fellows. BC GrantScape is a searchable on-line database of pre-screened, targeted, and timely information about funding opportunities. Subscriptions to an RFP Bulletin and to customized Funding Alerts are also available. Go to GrantScape.
Frequently Asked Questions
CFR works closely with the Office of the Provost and Dean of Faculties, Vice Provost for Research and Academic Planning, Office for Sponsored Programs, and senior leadership in University Advancement and across campus.
CFR provides seasoned expertise and services for faculty seeking funding. Its four major services include:
- Support for program development
- Guidance in selecting and approaching corporations and foundations
- Assistance with proposal development and submission
- Management of a database to track and coordinate requests throughout the University
1. Visit GrantScape and search a database of deadline-driven RFP opportunities as well as explore information about other top private funders.
2. Use the BC Library subscription to the Foundation Directory Online, where you can research specific foundations in-depth or create your own searches based on an exhaustive list of criteria and/or your own keywords.To get started, use BC Library Database Search, and search for Foundation Directory Online.
3. Visit BC Research for internal funding opportunities.
4. Contact us to discuss other funding opportunities for your program or area of research.
The Office for Sponsored Programs (OSP) supports faculty in sponsored projects and acts as the University’s authorized representative for grants, contracts, other agreements from government agencies, private industry, and non-profit foundations. OSP ensures compliance required by federal law and regulation while acting in the best interests of Boston College.
Thank you for your interest in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations at Boston College. We look forward to working with you
For more information, please contact:
Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations