Who are Associate Members?
Associate Members are Boston College alumnae who act as ambassadors of the University through their support of The Council for Women of Boston College’s (CWBC) mission and goals. The Council is dedicated to increasing the involvement and influence of women in all aspects of life at Boston College. Associate Membership provides a unique opportunity for alumnae to be part of that mission through participation in University programs and events, interacting with other accomplished alumnae and strengthening their connections to Boston College.
Who may join?
All alumnae of Boston College who make an annual contribution to the University may join the CWBC as an Associate Member. There are over 800 Associate Members representing all alumnae class years, schools, states, and three countries.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Lifelong connection to Boston College.
- Opportunity to meet and network with other accomplished alumnae.
- Recognition as an alumnae leader and engaged volunteer.
- Special invitations to participate in CWBC programming, featuring networking opportunities, career counseling, social and athletic events, and special events supporting the arts.
- Discounted ticket prices for CWBC events.
- Exclusive invitations to specific member-only events.
- Receipt of tri-annual CWBC newsletters that highlight and recognize the work of CWBC members, Associate Members, and other Boston College alumnae.
- Access to CWBC Facebook group for the opportunity to privately communicate and network with fellow members.
What are the responsibilities and expectations?
- Commit to engage actively with the University through attendance at University events and programs, acting as an ambassador of both Boston College and the CWBC.
- Participate in CWBC programming as an attendee, a panelist, industry expert, or networking facilitator, when possible.
- Promote the mission and goals of the CWBC to fellow alumnae by encouraging friends and classmates to reconnect with Boston College.
- Participation in the BC Connections Mentoring Program is also encouraged, but not required.
Associate Members commit to support the University with an annual gift, which may be designated to any area of the University. Donation levels are based on graduating year.
- Graduating class/Newest alumnae class (2015) – any gift amount
- GOLD Alumnae - $100+
- 11+ years graduated - $250+
How do I join?
Fill out our Associate Membership form below. Contact email@example.com with any questions.